Easter is just around the corner and, I don’t know about you, but I am bombarded by pictures of confectionery delights that I am having a hard time ignoring!
IT’S SO HARD not to buy that 5 pound chocolate bunny or that 20 pounds of jelly beans and now that I’m a grown up type person I have to face the music and buy one for myself. Once you get to a certain age you have to try and justify why you would spend $11.99 on drug-store not-so-great chocolate. #firstworldproblems My grandparents aren’t around to buy me unreasonably large amounts of candy…it’s time to face the music lady.
If you’re one of those people with immense self-control well then maybe this post isn’t for you… kidding!
At this point in my life that much candy/chocolate wouldn’t really be good, I know that, you know that, but my brain just doesn’t want to accept it.
Here are just a few justifications I came up with today:
- I could melt the bunny and use it for a million pinterest-esque treats – this way I could lure potential friends, buying their affection with sugary goodness!
- and I mean LURE in the least creepy way possible. More like an adorable luring ala Zooey Deschanel.
- I am convinced there will be no chocolate left after the holiday weekend so I should stock up!
- I forget about that one Easter I ate 5lbs of chocolate and then felt positively ill and strangely high for the next 24 hours
- Because the next time I will find a piece of chocolate THIS big will be at Christmas! And Frankly, I don’t know if I can wait that long.
- It’s a great hostess gift to bring to Easter dinner at my parents. Nothing says classy like a bunny in a box (missing its ears!)
At Easter I LOVE seeing all of the characters immortalized in chocolate. Trying to grab at consumers with flash and sweetness! TMNT, Hello Kitty, Elmo & I’m thinking Frozen Olaf in Chocolate – but that would be weird, well… no… eating chocolate Elsa would be WEIRD.
Perhaps this will be the year I try a Cadbury Cream Egg or some of those Peeps. I hear that those are pretty popular.
What are some of your favorite chocolate treats? do you have any hilariously chocolatey memories?