If you’re reading this post you made it to January 1st, 2018 – GOOD STUFF
I enjoy the start of a new year, it gives us the opportunity to reset & plan for 365 days of fabulous. It’s the kick of to a NEW YOU.
One of the things I do like to talk about is the idea of Resolutions. I tend to say Goals but it’s still has the same. I want to have goals I can try and achieve this year, aspirations to be better or do better and I came up with some good plans for 2018. I liken it to when we talk about what we would do if we won the lottery, some ideas are absolutely ridiculous while others can be small and really impactful.
Here is what I came up with:
- I will not post pics of my daughter anymore on my social media spaces.
- from time to time my kiddos can be funny or messy and I want to share milestones with the social universe. But when we get down to it Imy daughter is getting to an age where it’s not the best for her or our family. my hubby and agreed that it comes down to being about her safety. I have a hard time keeping my cool around social media – I worry about what people think or who said what and when they said it. SO to keep our daughter safe and to start a better dialogue around the world wide web we’re going to post the occasional arty pic but we’re going to try our darnedest to shelter her a little while longer.
- I’m going to start going to bed earlier
- tricky-ricky! it’s a goal I’m setting for myself b/c I’m tired of being tired! I get to a point where I just….can’t…take it AND that’s just a fucking mess I don’t want to deal with or subject my husband to on a regular basis. It’s easier said then done – i’m a night owl at heart – but having 2 kids is really kicking my butt. I know if I get more sleep I’ll feel better, so I just have to reset and crawl into bed at a more reasonable hour.
- I’m cutting back on overindulging
- YEAH OK! I feel like everyone says this and inevitably we fail b/c lets face it, the stuff we love isn’t usually to hard to get and there is that other thing called The Holidays where everywhere we turn there are chocolates or cookies or another awesome potluck at the office. (we’re lucky to be able to have access to food!). While I am typing this I am enjoying my 2nd mimosa and I’m finishing yet another brownie. But what I mean is I’m going to get back into a habit of moderation. I get mad at myself when I eat a piece of so-so cake and then help finish my daughters that she leaves behind after she eats the icing. I’m not going to never have treats, that’s not realistic, but I’m going to be sure it’s something I enjoy.
- 2018 is going to be about the books
- I love to read and I want to take advantage of our library for myself and not just for the kids. I’m going to keep track of the books that I read in 2018 and hopefully there will be a handful of good reads I can talk about in future posts, I’m sure there will be others I hated, but I won’t know until I try. Fingers crossed there is enough time to get in a few reads just for myself 🙂
- I’m going to make time to make art
- I’m a crafty AF person. I lose sleep thinking about stuff I want to make, things I have seen on Pinterest etc. and what I would like to do is carve out some “Me Time” to make some art.
- I am going to consume less
- This one could trip me up a bit considering my previous goal of making art. But I noticed this holiday season that there is just so much stuff in my world. You know what I’m talking about – the clutter, the unfinished project, the saved fabric etc. SO I want to spend 2018 doing all that I can to not buy anything new. I want to take advantage of our local Value Village, it’s awesome! I want to talk more about re-purposing, it’s awesome to shop our stash in the basement to find something and reuse it in a new way. Just today I was looking for something to hold some soap and LOW AND BEHOLD! I found a little pottery dish we had been gifted and it’s perfection there was no need for a trip out to try and find something, I saved $8 and it’s cute-to-boot. WINNING!
- other stuff
- ya know, I should drink more water every day
- going to spend less time on the ‘ol FB when the baby is sleeping (more time for reading!)
- being a better spouse
There are so many great ideas to be a better person in 2018
What are some of your plans?